TRIPLE ThatCamp #1 – Discovering Discovery: Envision your ideal ecosystem for exploring research resources
What is it about?
The ThatCamp #1 is meant to provide a forum to share concepts, strategies and resources for discovering research and getting research discovered. The event is an opportunity to learn from each other, brainstorm together, identify roadblocks, raise concerns and dream up solutions on a peer-to-peer level. Join us to explore and discuss the depths of “discovery”!
The TRIPLE project’s main goal is to develop GOTRIPLE, an innovative multilingual and multicultural discovery solution for the social sciences and humanities (SSH). GOTRIPLE will provide a single access point for a variety of users (researchers, institutions such as universities and libraries, enterprises, consultancies and media representatives)
- to discover and reuse open scholarly SSH resources, i.e. research data and publications, across disciplinary and language boundaries
- to find and connect with other researchers and projects
- to make use of innovative tools to support research (e.g. visualisation, annotation, trust building system, social network and recommender system)
- to discover new ways of funding research (e.g. crowdfunding platform)
Therefore, we would like to find out more about future users’ perspectives on their research discovery journey:
- How would you define “discovery” in the research cycle?
- What is your epistemological stance on “discovery” in a research context?
- What are your current strategies for discovering research resources?
- How do you make sure your own research gets discovered?
- What are you struggling with technologically?
Your discussions will help shape what we create!
Find the details and the registration here