OPERAS – open scholarly communication in the European research area for the social sciences and the humanities – is a research infrastructure incorporated as an international non-profit association (AISBL), in Brussels, Belgium. OPERAS membership is open to any organisation in Europe and worldwide, which adopts OPERAS’ principles, abides by its rules of participation and contributes to its actions.
OPERAS’ mission is to coordinate and federate resources in Europe to efficiently address the scholarly communication needs of European researchers in the field of social sciences and humanities.
OPERAS’ vision is to make Open Science a reality for research in the social sciences and the humanities and achieve a scholarly communication system where knowledge produced in the social sciences and the humanities benefits researchers, academics, students and more generally the whole society across Europe and worldwide, without barriers.
You want to join OPERAS? There are different kinds of memberships:
- Observer: to participate in specific OPERAS activities upon invitation by at least one member of the Executive Assembly, without voting rights.
- Associate member: to participate in at least one Special Interest Group upon invitation by the Executive Assembly, without voting rights.
- Ordinary member: to participate in at least one Special Interest Group equivalent to 10% Full-time Equivalent (FTE) commitment in-kind, with voting rights in the Assembly of Commons.
- Core member: to participate in the Assembly of Commons and Executive Assembly, equivalent to 20% FTE commitment in-kind, with voting rights in the Assembly of Commons and the Executive Assembly.
- Supporting member: to participate in the General Assembly. To support OPERAS AISBL by an annual membership fee.